Don’t let a lack of funds stop your school from taking part in Maths Week Scotland. Apply for financial help through the Large Grants Fund.
The Maths Week Scotland Large Grants Fund is back offering grants of between £2,000 - £5,000 to support organisations, partnerships and charities to develop in-person events or digital activities for Maths Week Scotland 2023.
While it is preferred that activities take place during MWS 2023 (25/09-01/10), this requirement has been removed for this year. However, it is a requirement that projects be completed by February 12th, 2024.
The final deadline for submission is 17:00 on Wednesday 12 July 2023.
Applications received will be reviewed and advised of outcome by Wednesday 19 July 2023.
Download the application form and guidance document below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Previous Successful Applicants
Take a look at some examples of the previous projects supported by funding, for inspiration!
Aberdeen Science Centre
- Interactive workshops for schools and visitor groups
Glasgow Science Centre
- Hands-on community art workshops focusing on Tangram, Rangoli & Fibonacci
University of Strathclyde
- One-day inter-authority maths conference: ‘Beauty & Relevance of Maths’
University of Edinburgh
- 'Geometry, Art & Mind' interactive exhibit
STEM Ambassadors in Scotland
- Funding used to create webpage and resource booklet for teachers
Learning Links Scotland
- Training workshops for maths practitioners
Professional Learning Academy
- Boomwhacker training session for maths practitioners
Dumfries and Galloway Council
- Maths Fun Roadshow for schools & town trails in 12 towns across the region
Scottish Maritime Museum
- Free school visits for primary schools & weekend of family workshops
Glencoe Folk Museum
- New meteorological school loan box
- Escape Room challenge for schools
Lauriston Castle, Edinburgh
- ‘Maths Attack’ family workshops and maths trail
North Lanarkshire Heritage Centre
- Weekend of family friendly weaving activities
Upcoming Events1st Jan-31st Dec
Ancient Egyptian Maths and Science
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre All day £45 (Free for Glasgow schools)
Schools workshop. Work in groups to solve problems faced by the Ancient Egyptian thousands of years ago, learn to measure and weigh just like they did, and handle objects they made.