Maths in Motion Poster Competition
To help us promote this year’s Maths Week Scotland, we are delighted to launch our competition to design a poster in response to our theme MATHS IN MOTION.
Children can interpret this any way they like, thinking about what might make their poster encourage people to take part in Maths Week Scotland. The winning entries will be digitised and used in our online promotion on our website and social media channels.
Who can enter?
We welcome entries from any children in Scotland that fall into the following age categories:
- Early Years: Pre School & P1
- First Level: P2 – P4
- Second Level: P5 – P7
- Third/Fourth Level: S1 – S3
Entries can be by teams or individuals. Teams will be judged in the age category of the oldest team member.
Maths Week Scotland will judge the entries and select the winners. There will be one winner for each age category, including one overall winner.
What are the prizes?
The winning entry for each age category will receive a set of Maths Week Scotland badges and a maths game of choice for their class, and a £20 Amazon voucher for the child (please note, prizes are awarded per entry, so in the case of a team entry winning, the team members will need to share the prize).
All winning entries will be published in a ‘winners gallery’ on the Maths Week Scotland Website and Facebook page, and used in our online countdown in the run-up to Maths Week Scotland. The entry from the overall winner will also be used as the header image on our Twitter and Facebook channels.
How to enter
Entries must be produced on one page of A4 paper or card only and in landscape format. You will need to take a photo or scan of it to send electronically.
Work must be original and created by the child(ren), please do not use any templates.
Numbers and mathematical symbols are acceptable, but the designs should not include any other text.
You can use art materials of your choice, but bold and bright designs will get the best results when the posters are digitised.
How to submit your entry
Entries must be submitted by an adult on behalf of the child(ren). As well as teachers, the competition is open to home-schooled children and, if you are a parent or guardian, you are welcome to submit your child's entry individually.
Please email a scan or photograph of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on Friday 9 June 2023 (please note new deadline!) with the Subject Line: Poster Competition, including the following details (for team entries please include details of all team members):
- First name
- Name of school if relevant
- Name of town/city
Data submitted will be used for the administration of the competition only. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions stated below.
Please hold on to your original artwork, as the winners will be required to send in their physical copies of these.
Terms & Conditions
- Only entries from within Scotland will be accepted.
- There will be one winner for each age category, including one overall winner.
- Only one entry per child will be accepted. Entrants may not win more than one prize.
- Prizes are awarded per entry, so in the case of a team entry winning, the team members will need to share the prize.
- Entries must be original works, and not under copyright to any other person or organisation. Entries found to be in breach of these terms will be disqualified and removed from the judging process.
- Entries must be submitted by an adult aged 18 or over on behalf of the child(ren) taking part. Entries must include first name, age and competition category as stated above, or they will not be eligible to win a prize.
- All entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com, as a scan or photographs of the original artwork. Entries will not be accepted via social media. Please hold on to your original artwork, as the winners will be required to send in their physical copies of these.
- Maths Week Scotland is unable to confirm receipt of entries and takes no responsibility for entries that have failed to deliver.
- Winners will be notified by email shortly after the closing date, and asked to provide a postal address to send their prize to. In the event of a winner not responding within five days of notification, Maths Week Scotland reserves the right to allocate the prize to another winner. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
- Maths Week Scotland accepts no responsibility for entrants not receiving communications due to spam filters, accidental deletion, incorrect email provided, or for any other reason.
- Maths Week Scotland accepts no responsibility for winners not receiving their prize once it has been dispatched, and in the event of this is unable to provide compensation.
- Maths Week Scotland’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. This includes any judging that occurs.
- Entries will be displayed on the Maths Week Scotland website and social media channels, and used for marketing and promotion of Maths Week Scotland 2023.
- All entries must be received by 6pm on Friday 2 June 2023. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Prizes are subject to availability.
- Personal data submitted will be used for the administration of the competition only. Consent will be gained from the winners before publishing any personal details of the winning entries online.
- By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
Looking Forward: Glasgow Science Festival
Glasgow Science Festival kicks off tomorrow (1 - 11 June 2023), with the theme "Glasgow's Looking Forward". We've had a browse through the programme, and picked out some of our favourite events.
Upcoming Events1st Jan-31st Dec
Money Maths at Museum on the Mound
Museum on the Mound All day Free
We are excited to offer Maths versions of our popular money-themed schools workshops. These are entirely free of charge. Best suited for P5-P7 pupils.