Community Learning and Development for Maths Week Scotland
Posted by Education Scotland
Across Scotland, Community Learning and Development (CLD) works to empower people of all ages to work individually or collectively to make positive changes in their lives and communities through learning, personal development and active citizenship. Community Learning and Development uses a range of formal and informal methods of learning and social development with individuals and groups in their communities. Programmes and activities are developed with communities and participants.
CLD activities planned for Maths Week Scotland include:
- Parental engagement workshops and adult learning events, including family learning
- Youth work embedding maths as fun activities
- Community engagement
- Themed events promoting disadvantaged or under-represented groups, such as encouraging girls into maths
So what CLD events are happening near you this Maths Week Scotland?
You can contact your regional Education Scotland CLD officers for more information and link with your local region to get involved.
- The Northern Alliance: Nicola Sykes Nicola.email@example.com
- The Tayside Collaborative: Susan Epsworth Susan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The West Partnership: John Galt John.email@example.com and Laura McIntosh Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
- South West Collaborative: Nicola Sykes Nicola.email@example.com and Dehra Macdonald Dehra.firstname.lastname@example.org
- South East Collaborative: Chris Woodness Chris.email@example.com and Vince Moore Vince.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forth Valley & West Lothian Collaborative: Lindsay MacDonald Lindsay.email@example.com and Mandy Watts Mandy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Join in the conversation at @edscotcld on twitter #mathsweekscot
Maths Week Scotland: 28 September - 4 October 2020
We had so much fun last year, we are going to do it all over again! Maths Week Scotland will take place 28 September - 4 October 2020.