Funding for schools
Don’t let a lack of funds stop your school from taking part in Maths Week Scotland. Apply for financial help through the Small Grants Fund or Schools Enrichment Fund.
Small Grants Fund
Don't let a lack of funds hold you back from taking part in Maths Week Scotland! The Small Grants Fund is available to individuals, community groups, schools, libraries, museums and other organisations, to create their own innovative events and resources.
There are two rounds of the Small Grants Fund each year, in Spring and late Summer. For further details on dates and how to apply, check out the funding section of our website via the link below, or for any further queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In past years, grants have been given for online workshops, escape rooms, outdoor maths kits and much more! Take a look at previous successful bids for inspiration for your own Maths Week Scotland celebrations.
Schools Enrichment Fund
If you are still looking for a funding boost for your maths activities the Schools Enrichment Fund at the Edinburgh Mathematical Society is open for applications year round and funds maths activity beyond the school curriculum.
Examples of some of the previously funded projects are:
- Transport for pupils from isolated rural schools to attend events such as Enterprising Maths.
- P7 Maths Days for pupils from feeder primaries to help ease the primary/secondary transition.
- Maths/puzzle clubs and "puzzle of the week" competitions.
- Mathematics Masterclasses.
- Revision events and study camps for Higher and Advanced Higher pupils.
- Whole-school maths "roadshow" events.
- Cross-curricular projects with a substantial mathematical element, such as mapping and building a scale model of the school.
Applications are welcome from anyone supporting primary or secondary school learning.
Apply via the website linked below. Applicants are welcome to discuss their proposal before submission with the Convener of the Education Committee, Dr Andrew Wilson Andrew.Wilson@glasgow.ac.uk
Upcoming Events29th Aug-31st May
Money Maths at Museum on the Mound
Museum on the Mound All day Free
We are excited to offer Maths versions of our popular money-themed schools workshops. These are entirely free of charge. Best suited for P5-P7 pupils.