Small Grants Fund 2022 - Round Two
Do you have a great idea for taking part in Maths Week Scotland 2022? Don’t let the lack of funds hold you back! The Small Grants Fund is back for another round of funding, and will re-open for applications from 3 August to 19 August 2022.
The Small Grants Fund is available to individuals, groups, schools, museums or other organisations. This year so far, we are already supporting 23 different activities and initiatives across Scotland, through our first round of funding applications in May.
Some of the projects we are already funding this year include:
- A meteorological themed schools loan box
- Maths focused story workshops for early years
- Maths trails for schools and families
- Escape room challenges
- A giant maths board game
- “Painting with numbers: Code your own data selfie” schools project
- An event with international guitarist Tony McManus exploring links between music and mathematics
- Nursery and school trips to the Riverside Museum and Glasgow Science Centre
- Maths whiteboards to support mental maths activities in school
- A weekend of family weaving activities
Funding has kindly been provided by the Edinburgh Mathematical Society, Glasgow Mathematical Journal Trust and Scottish Government.
How to apply
The Small Grants Fund is now closed, and will open again in Spring 2023.
Upcoming Events29th Aug-31st May
Money Maths at Museum on the Mound
Museum on the Mound All day Free
We are excited to offer Maths versions of our popular money-themed schools workshops. These are entirely free of charge. Best suited for P5-P7 pupils.