Maths at Home: Teacher Resources
Today may be a very different start of term for Scotland but there are still plenty of ways your pupils can enjoy maths from home.
We have adapted and collated our best resources to support and complement remote learning.
- Explore the history and maths behind Edinburgh Castle with our Castle Quest.
- Clear the living room or get out in the garden and try the Symmetry Reel with Science Ceilidh.
- Join Edinburgh University to discover maths in various careers, including real life problems faced by these roles.
- Anderston Primary School spent their Maths Week Scotland last year solving puzzles and clues to find treasure. Turn the house or daily walk into your own maths adventure with their digital escape game and instructions on creating your own trails for pupils.
- Get some practice in for next year with past Maths Week Scotland challenges available online. The DFM Daily Challenge comes with video hints from Grange Academy pupils
Head to Ideas and Inspiration for the full list.
In addition to this we will be adding weekly themed articles to our News section. These will be packed with videos, articles and activities for families and individuals to try at home.
We would love to hear how your pupils are engaging with and celebrating Maths at Home. Share with us @MathsWeekScot on Twitter.
Upcoming Events29th Aug-31st May
Money Maths at Museum on the Mound
Museum on the Mound All day Free
We are excited to offer Maths versions of our popular money-themed schools workshops. These are entirely free of charge. Best suited for P5-P7 pupils.