Maths at Home: Teacher Resources
Today may be a very different start of term for Scotland but there are still plenty of ways your pupils can enjoy maths from home.
We have adapted and collated our best resources to support and complement remote learning.
- Explore the history and maths behind Edinburgh Castle with our Castle Quest.
- Clear the living room or get out in the garden and try the Symmetry Reel with Science Ceilidh.
- Join Edinburgh University to discover maths in various careers, including real life problems faced by these roles.
- Anderston Primary School spent their Maths Week Scotland last year solving puzzles and clues to find treasure. Turn the house or daily walk into your own maths adventure with their digital escape game and instructions on creating your own trails for pupils.
- Get some practice in for next year with past Maths Week Scotland challenges available online. The DFM Daily Challenge comes with video hints from Grange Academy pupils
Head to Ideas and Inspiration for the full list.
In addition to this we will be adding weekly themed articles to our News section. These will be packed with videos, articles and activities for families and individuals to try at home.
We would love to hear how your pupils are engaging with and celebrating Maths at Home. Share with us @MathsWeekScot on Twitter.
Looking Forward: Glasgow Science Festival
Glasgow Science Festival kicks off tomorrow (1 - 11 June 2023), with the theme "Glasgow's Looking Forward". We've had a browse through the programme, and picked out some of our favourite events.
Upcoming Events1st Jan-31st Dec
Stirling University Self-led Maths Trail
University of Stirling Campus All day Free
Take a self-guided walk around Stirling University campus and discover how there is mathematics in architecture, art and nature.